Tips to consider:
- Respect the previous study (eg fasting) indications as to do so the study may be altered.
- It is important to pre-rest, fatigue and stress can alter the outcome.
- If you are taking medications inform the phlebotomist technician.
- It is not advisable to consume alcohol or cigarettes prior to the study.
- Attend preferably in comfortable clothing to help maneuver extraction.
For most of the blood studies 8 hour fasting, however, is necessary when lipids (cholesterol, triglyceride, etc.) Are studied 10 hours fasting is required.
During this time you can only drink water.
For the analysis of common urine first morning sample is required.